- Title: Equipment Mechanic
- Code: RCI-3138
- Location: San Diego, CA 92121
- Posted Date: 09/21/2021
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Hardik Patel
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 255
Client is seeking an Equipment Mechanic 1 responsible for implementing and maintaining an engineering change order system including product improvements, repairs, and new product release.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled equipment maintenance on lyophilizers, liquid fillers, labeling equipment, packaging equipment, water system equipment and filtration equipment, high speed fill equipment and flow wrapping lines
- Performs troubleshooting on electrical and mechanical systems on manufacturing equipment.
- Interacts with vendors to solve problems, determine part costs and purchase parts.
- Diagnose and repair low voltage DC and AC electrical wiring/hardware
- Maintains equipment shop tools, equipment, and organization
- Writes procedures, documents, and reports.
- Assists in development, maintenance & reporting of department metrics.
- Assists in process and quality improvement projects as assigned
- Create purchase requisitions in support of manufacturing.
- Assists in vendor and PM scheduling
- Coordinates and maintains inventory for spare parts
- Travel between various Client facilities for equipment maintenance
- Must be able to work weekends or other shifts on occasions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Solid understanding in using various hand tools, multimeters, pneumatic, electrical power tools.
- Solid understanding of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic schematics.
- Awareness of applicable mechanical, electrical and biological safety guidelines and standards.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment problems.
- Knowledge of windows-based computer systems.
- Knowledge of microprocessor and automation controls.
- Must have reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license to support multiple facilities
- Ability to operate mills, lathes, drill press, and power saws for fabrication of machine parts
- Detailed oriented with strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to articulate information to coworkers and vendors
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Experience in a GMP environment preferred