- Title: Sr. Data Scientist, PDM
- Code: RCI-10635
- Location: Foster City, CA 94404
- Posted Date: 10/13/2021
- Duration: 14 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Rohit Sughani
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 293
Why This Company?
- Client is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need.
- With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world.
- Company’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
- Making an impact on a global scale Inclusion is one of the company's five core values.
- That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Company when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view.
- This Company is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need.
- The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
- When you join Company, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
- Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- We are looking for a passionate and talented Data Scientist who will collaborate with other scientists and engineers to leverage machine learning methods and algorithms for modeling and analysis.
- You will design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing Clinical operations.
- Besides theoretical analysis and innovation, you will work closely with talented engineers to put your algorithms and models into practice. Your work will directly impact the trust customers place in Company.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative data and machine learning solutions to improve clinical operations.
- Create experiments and prototype implementations of new learning algorithms and prediction techniques
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders to design and implement software solutions
- Use machine learning best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
- Graduate studies in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics, undergraduate studies in Computer Science and relevant graduate studies in the life sciences with a focus on AI/ML techniques, or undergraduate studies in Computer Science and equivalent work history. Candidates with graduate studies in Computer Science and biological sciences or equivalent work history will be highly competitive.
- Expertise in end-to-end data science techniques
- Proficient in machine learning, information retrieval, and applied statistics
- Ability to do exploratory analysis on large volumes of data and find key descriptive and inferential properties
- Develop effective data science solutions by applying ML/AI (deep learning, NLP, Causal inference methods) to deliver business value
- Strong Python (3+ years) programming skills, with an ability to manipulate large and sophisticated datasets using distributed computing technologies (e.g., Apache Spark)
- Knowledge of cloud services (e.g. AWS) and developing data science projects
- Experience building Machine Learning models and libraries like Scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch, FastText, etc
- Software development methodologies and tools (unit tests, code reviews, Git)
- Self-motivated, fast learner, excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Understanding and application of best practices in machine learning, software engineering, and/or production deployment of ML services
- Track record of contributing to open-source projects
- Understanding of modern ML Architectures, Platforms, and backend systems
- The mentality of commit early and often, metrics before models, and shipping high-quality production code
- Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
- Strong fundamentals in problem-solving, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experienced with engineering and architecting data lakes, data warehouses, and big data storage and compute platforms on AWS. In addition, experience with modern high-performance columnar storage formats such as Apache Parquet and Optimized Row Columnar (ORC). Familiarity with NoSQL, experience with ETL frameworks like Airflow
- Experienced with development tools and data cataloging, search, analysis, visualization, and reporting tools such as Python, SAS, Tableau, Power BI, and various Amazon Web Services tools (S3, Glacier, RDS, Redshift, EC2, Athena, EMR, Glue, Elasticsearch, Lambda, Kinesis, QuickSight)
- Experienced with building and modeling a data sciences platform that addresses technology, process, and people. This includes understanding and building a data layer for data capture, ingestion, ETL, and data set management, analysis layer for analytics, compute, and batch processing, end-user spaces for search, visualization, interactive tools, and self-service.