- Title: Investment Accountant
- Code: RCI-14049-1
- Location: Jersey City, New Jersey 07302 (Temporary Remote)
- Posted Date: 10/13/2021
- Duration: 5 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Sagar Shah
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 233
Job Title: Senior Associate, Investment Accounting & Analysis
- The Senior Associate – Investment Accounting & Analysis is responsible for leadership and management within the Investment Accounting area, including our co-sourcing team.
- Performs a variety of duties including GAAP/Stat reporting for the Investments of Client on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, as well as other than temporary impairment reporting, monthly pricing, and implementing investment accounting policy.
- In this capacity, the role insures that all relevant reporting is accurate and compliant with internal and external accounting policies and standards/regulations.
- The role also provides financial analysis that explains and supports the reported results.
- Work with Asset managers to determine and record Other Than Temporary Impairments on Fixed Maturities and Equities. Insure all results are properly recorded and reported on a timely basis. This includes Senior Management Reporting, Investment Committee reporting, Statutory and GAAP financial statement reporting, and GAAP/Stat notes/disclosures.
- Manage and review the pricing function to insure all fixed income and equity securities are appropriately priced. This includes working with Client Investors, Securities Operations, and pricing vendors to understand and document pricing methodologies.
- Complete/review GAAP and Stat notes and disclosures for fixed income and equity securities. This includes working with the Accounting Policy team to insure new pronouncements are properly documented.
- Interact with Internal Audit and PWC to insure compliance to investment accounting policies.
- Review GAAP market value entries and coordinate with shared services on all variance analysis.
- Review and reconcile GAAP and Stat trial balances.
- Insure SOX compliance, including developing and testing controls and procedures.
- Coordinate and review the impact of system upgrades (SAP / CAMRA). Seek ways to continuously improve processes through innovation and process change.
- Implement and maintain Investment Accounting Policy in accordance with GAAP and Statutory standards/regulations. Involved in decisions and communication regarding new accounting pronouncements and implementation impact on both General Ledger and Investment Accounting Systems.
- Opportunity to interact with senior management and work on special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (P) or MBA (P) SAP knowledge (P)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills