- Title: Biologist
- Code: RCI-14527
- Location: Irvine, CA 92612
- Posted Date: 10/28/2021
- Duration: 18 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Manager is looking for mammalian cell culture and cell based assay experience
- Looking for bachelors or masters degree candidates
- PCR and flow cytometry is a plus
- Must have exp in mammalian cell culture western Blot and ELISA.
- Looking for local candiates only
- Adhere to lab std and protocols
- Phd Degree will be overqualified
- The successful candidate for this position will contribute to projects aimed at characterizing protein-based therapeutics.
- Under supervision by senior personnel, he/she will be carrying out a variety of cell-based assays to evaluate the activity and functionality of therapeutic proteins.
- This individual will organize, analyze, and interpret results, come forward with recommendations or understanding of the results, and communicate and present in team meetings and reports.
- The ideal candidate will be able to propose and design assays under supervision, and have exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, western blots, and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) is a requirement.
- The position requires ability to work in biosafety cabinets for extended periods of time, observe/record deviations from expected outcomes, accurate record keeping, and adhere to lab safety standards/protocols.
- Expertise in PCR and flow cytometry will be considered a plus.
- The work will be conducted in a BSL-2 level laboratory, and all work requires work in class II biological safety cabinet (BSC).
- The successful candidate will collaborate extensively with other Research Scientists and Associates, while taking personal responsibility for success of assigned tasks and projects.
- Cell based assays: 70%
- Data analysis, report writing and presentations to multidisciplinary teams: 30%
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years laboratory experience OR Master’s degree and two years specific experience in biology, biochemistry, molecular/cellular biology, or other related discipline.
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture, western blots, and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) is required.
- Extensive experience with developing, performing, and troubleshooting a wide variety of cell-based assays.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Computer skills: advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and GraphPad Prism
- Excellence Focused
- Open and Authentic
- Act as an Owner
- Critical Thinking
- Drive Execution
- Problem Solving
- Meticulous attention to detail and diligence in record keeping
- Familiar with data analysis, curve fitting and statistics
- Good understanding of project needs and how this translate to hands on experiments
- Collaborative attitude, while maintaining ownership
- Good professional etiquette when working with internal and external collaborators and CROs
- Experience working in a regulated environment, drafting of SOP/RA documents, sample registration and monitoring