- Title: Design Systems Engineer
- Code: RCI-13858391
- Location: US-Remote
- Posted Date: 11/22/2021
- Duration: 6 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Priyank Vyas
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
- We are seeking an engineer to join organization as an Enterprise Design Systems Engineer to help us drive digital transformation within the Technical Product Experience Design (TPxD) team.
- This individual will partner with the TPxD Design Team, work cross functionally, and work on the development of reusable components for the Enterprise Design System.
- you will help empower engineers and designers by building components and patterns that expand the internal capabilities through the Enterprise Visual Language that is being developed. You will join a fast-paced, dynamic team of UX/UI designers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists. The Enterprise Design Systems team is a product that will fuel other products across employee and internal experiences.
- You understand how to build reusable components with a high care for quality when it comes to all aspects of a UI component library.
- This role would report into the Design function of the Technical Product Management (TPM) organization within Global Technology.
- You will work directly with the Enterprise Design Systems team that will consists of designers and engineers.
- Build complex frontend features using React and Typescript
- Collaborate with Designers to execute on pixel perfect designs
- Document and communicate how your components behave so that other teams can get the most out of our design system
- Contribute to usage and API documentation for both designers and engineers
- Experience working in Agile software-development process
- Participate in processes and governance
- Can deliver components that are accessible and WCAG AA compliant
- Partner with cross-functional team of engineers and designers to define and prioritize features supporting priorities and outcomes
- Continually improve the efficiency of the system
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with designers when executing on the visual components on the front-end in addition to bringing in their expertise in full-stack development.
- Clean semantic skills when it comes to writing code
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and relationship management skills
- Highly developed empathy, curiosity, and imagination
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, a fast-paced environment and take initiative
- Impeccable execution and care of the craft when it comes to working with Designers and executing on the work
- Able to make tech decisions through discovery, research, and validation
- 4+ years of direct development experience
- Experience with front-end development such as HTML/CSS, JS/REACT/VUE, etc
- Experience with back-end development such as Node and/or Python
- Familiarity working on Design Systems and knowledge of frameworks
Nice to haves:
- Experience scaling Design Systems from nothing
- Experience taking a human-centered approach to your work
- Experience with modern design productivity, workflow, and research tools (Figma, Jira, Slack, Miro, Monday, Adobe C, Google Analytics, Hotjar, Crazy Egg, Pendo, etc.)
- Industry experience in retail, supply-chain operations, financial or demand planning
- Strong interaction design skills