- Title: Bioinformatics Analyst
- Code: RCI-14956
- Location: US-Remote
- Posted Date: 11/24/2021
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
This is a 100% Remote / Work From Home role
- Bioinformatics or statistics degree needed
- 70% science role and 30% IT role
- Python is ideal to have (nice to have)
- Linux and Unix exp
- Performing some routine some Seq diff analysis
- Quality control validation on diff sequencing platform
- Doing Bio informatics analysis and adhoc work
- Comparing DNA seq
- Programming background
- Run shell scripts
- R programming and python exp
- Run routine analysis and creating report
- Some one with Strong R programming exp will also work
- We have an exciting contract opportunity for a Bioinformatics analyst/programmer to support the Emerging Technology Group in GRC.
- Primary responsibility include providing analysis support for running standard pooled CRISPR screening data and differential expression analysis of bulk RNAseq data, and performing standard validation/QC analysis for data generated by the Genome Technology group.
- If candidate harbors strong skills/interest in programming/software development, there is also a need to refactor code for the CRISPR screening pipeline, and possible development of visualization (Rshiny App) for various type of analysis.
- Ideal candidate must have strong linux shell coding experience, comfortable in using R to do data analysis, and proficient in Python.
- If a candidate is comfortable with job submission using high performance computer servers, that would be a plus.
What hours and days will this person be working?
- Typically between 9AM-5PM Central Time.
4. What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
- Required Skill 1: Proficient in using R to do basic data analysis (processing, plotting…)
- Required Skill 2: differential expression statistical testing, this is applicable to both bulk RNAseq and CRISPR screening data
- Required Skill 3: Be able to write Python scripts for data processing
- Required Skill 4: Comfortable working in linux/Unix environment, including job submission using High Performance Computer servers
- Required Skill 5: comfortable working with NGS data (mostly Illumina short read technology)
5. What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required?
- B.S. in Bioinformatics/Biostatistics with 2+ years applicable experience or M.S. in ioinformatics/Biostatistics.
6. What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
- Ability to develop R packages from existing R code
- Ability to read Perl code
- Experience in working with CRISPR data,
- Experience developing R shiny App for data visualization
7. What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)?
- Group setting.
8. Is any testing required for this role?
9. Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role?
- If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? YES, open for discussion.
10. Other notable details about the environment from the hiring manager about this role
11. What positions/background experience do you feel are successful in this role.
- Be very comfortable working with NGS data (mainly short read technology) , experience working with Fastqs, SAM/BAM files, have interest in coding