- Title: Software Test Automation Engineer
- Code: RCI-18963
- Location: Lake Forest, IL 60045
- Posted Date: 11/29/2021
- Duration: 9 Months
- Name:Anish Patel
- Email: Anish.Patel@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 208
Software Test Automation Engineer
Medical device (healthcare) experience is required.
Our location in Lake Forest, IL currently has an opportunity for a Software Engineer in Test.
- The Software Engineer in Test (SET) reports into the AlinIQ Product Research and Development organization in Client Diagnostics.
- The SET is responsible for design, development, execution, review and reporting of automated testing for our informatics products in compliance with division, corporate, and industry regulations.
- This position is will help build out and maintain our automation tools and test scripts.
- The SET will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for product research and development teams in automation practices, working closely with software engineers, software testing, business analysts, cybersecurity, and others in Agile Scrum methodologies
- This role will also require the Software Engineer to write appropriate manual test cases, regression cases and automate them as applicable.
- Ability to convert existing manual tests to automation tests is essential to succeed in this role.
- The role requires the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to communicate and collaborate well as part of a team.
- Design, develop, and execute automated software test plans for server, web, cloud, and mobile informatics products in collaboration with scrum-based cross-functional design and development teams
- Develop and execute software testing (black and white box) across various containerized and networked components
- Design, script, and automate test cases for test-driven development and continuous testing
- Understand the application architecture, hosting infrastructure, interaction with dependency application and complete feature workflow to assess the risks around integration points before developing great test cases
- Create new manual and automated test cases to test per software requirements. Provide traceability of executed test cases to software requirements.
- Perform peer testing automation review, definition of criteria for testing, analyzing test results, and presenting results to developers and other stakeholders.
- Perform test case and test case run analysis to determine adequacy of testing, including coverage, boundary and regression analysis.
- Provide testing & allied documentation in conformance with regulatory, security, and privacy standards for all types of testing such as functional, performance, and regression
- Provide input to systems and applications developers on testing procedures and requirements, schedules, or potential problems
- Fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during system integration and testing for systems in development
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or related disciplines
- 3+ years of experience in software development or test automation role
- Knowledge in SDLC / SLC process and testing methodologies
- Sound understanding on frontend frameworks such as Reactjs or Angularjs
- Proficiency in SQL, Postgres or other RDBMS technology
- Experience with BrowserStack and Selenium WebDriver is preferred
- Familiarity with design of diagnostic medical devices is a plus
- Experience in JIRA and Atlassian tools preferred
- Experience in the management of requirements/test cases (both manual and automated).
- Experience in Agile methodology and Scrum ceremonies
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, and the ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills