- Title: Application Engineer
- Code: RCI-12382673
- Location: San Antonio, TX 78251
- Posted Date: 12/03/2021
- Duration: 8 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Panna Derasari
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 229
6-8 months with possibility of conversion
- Client has an opportunity for a Senior Application Engineer.
- Help power the cloud and enable energy monitoring at data centers, supporting our customers climate, energy, and reliability goals!
What do you get to do in this position?
- Focus on the deployment of Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS) at data center facilities
- Customer facing position - the successful candidate must work well in a team environment and will interface directly with contractors and end-users on a daily basis
- Responsibilities for this position include performing software installation, customization, and start-up services; startp-up, commissioning, and troubleshooting of electrical power monitoring equipment; device communications; and providing customer training for the commissioned system.
- Consulting with customers to determine system operation requirements
- Installation and upgrading of EPMS software
- Configuring and commissioning Client and 3rd party hardware
- Performing start-up services and system troubleshooting
- Documenting the as-built system
- This position requires presence at customer sites and as such, candidate must be able to obtain necessary clearance and/or credentials to travel abroad and comply with customer requirements for executing work on their site.
- The types of credentials that might be required, include but are not limited to, Homeland Security clearance, background and credit checks, etc
- We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience.
- If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, with emphasis on control systems, Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience related to Electrical Power Monitoring Systems; Building Automation Systems, Systems Integration, and/or Energy Management Systems
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret contract specifications and electrical drawing packages
- Stable work history
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a group setting, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
- Experience working around electrical equipment such as switchgear, generators, UPS systems, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the basics of electricity, power generation, power distribution, and power quality concepts
- Good understanding of industry standard communication protocols with an emphasis on Modbus, IEC 61850, and BACnet
- Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies, and hardware
- Knowledgeable in computer programming languages (Visual Basic, C/C++, Java, Python, etc.), databases (SQL), and HTML development
- HMI configuration experience, including graphical screen development
- Direct experience with Client proprietary software such as Power Monitoring Expert, Power SCADA Expert and Wonderware