Job Title : Technician, Equipment Engineering
Proposed Job Title :Engineering Technician, Equipment
Describes the primary goals,objective or function or outputs of this position.
Provides corrective maintenance, preventive maintenance, calibration, programming, configuration and repair services to manufacturing equipment, packaging equipment, instruments, systems, controls, supporting utilities and/or equipment that perform, measure and control industrial manufacturing processes on different stages of the production, applying mathematical knowledge and concepts of physics, electronics and mechanics; following written policies and procedures and, in addition, complying with regulations applicable to our industry (National Electric Code, NFPA70E, Client Engineering Standards, cGMP, FDA, OSHA, etc.), operational manuals, specifications and drawings while maintaining a high degree of reliability in a safe and efficient manner. Complies with the specifications and laws that govern the industry.
List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and scope.
- Dismantle/Assemble equipment, remove, and replace instrument, electrical, control and mechanical defective parts.
- Make changes in production equipment, facilities, utilities or any other equipment used in the production areas that help improve the performance of production processes.
- Provide troubleshooting, maintenance of controls, instrumentation, electrical and mechanical equipment of high technological level and other aspects necessary to perform the job.
- Read, interpret and use drawings, electrical and control circuit diagrams including P&ID and ladder diagrams, equipment, and schematic manuals as reference when performing control, mechanical and electrical works.
- Provide support to Control Engineer on troubleshooting PLC and control devices for process and manufacturing equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in multiple skilled trade disciplines including Predictive Maintenance Technologies and support Reliability Engineering on RCMs and RCAs.
- Responsible for repairing, inspecting, modifying, and calibrating the instrumentation equipment and performing preventive and / or corrective maintenance used for the manufacture of pharmaceutical products in accordance with the regulations applicable to our industry (CGMP, OSHA, etc.) maintaining a high degree of reliability in a safe and efficient way. Calibrate and certify instruments used for the processes of operation or manufacture of pharmaceutical products.
- Certify the proper functioning of the instrumentation used for the final approval and control of the process of operation or manufacture of pharmaceutical products.
- Carry out their tasks according to the regularity and frequency determined by the calibration system, following the procedures, and methods approved for such purposes.
- Properly document the calibrations performed using the forms and documents approved in the calibration procedures and policies.
- These include Calibration Work Orders, Out of Tolerance Reports, Repetitive Out-of-Tolerance Reports, etc., following the cGMP policies, procedures, and rules Carry out corrective repairs on electrical and / or pneumatic instrumentation equipment. Perform inspections, problem analysis and take corrective actions to avoid recurrence.
- Carry out the maintenance tasks (Preventive, Predictive, Corrective, Calibration) observing and complying with the safety rules and procedures that apply to each activity. Inform, correct, and suggest improvements to observed unsafe situations. Document these tasks as assigned, complying with the applicable procedures, CMMS processes and MEP compliance.
- Comply with the Client Policies, with the plant procedures, and the regulations and requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) of the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Attend and complete the required internal training on environmental, health, and occupational safety in addition to local training and good manufacturing practices (cGMP). Use the required protective equipment (disposable respirator or PAPR) and notify the supervisor of incidents or unsafe conditions in the work
- Provide technical support and perform work during emergency situations in and outside of working hours, on holidays, during weekends or when the supervisor deems necessary.
- Years of experience/education and/or certifcations required:
- Example: BS degree or 3-7 years equivalent experience
- Experienced in procedural and business process design
- Demonstrated ability in leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to independently perform Quality System documentation gap and impact analyses.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong oral and written communications skills
Examples: Bachelor of Science; 4 year pharma, health care, or regulated industry