- Title: Financial Analyst
- Code: RCI-13473-1
- Location: Hancocks Bridge, NJ 08038
- Posted Date: 01/21/2022
- Duration: 24 Months
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 224
Could be remote for majority of the time but beneficial for them to be onsite during the training period
looking for an experienced financial project controller. Alternatively, we could utilize a strong financial analyst. This will be repetitive, detailed work to support financial reporting to the state of New Jersey.
Cost & Scheduling Analyst
- Supports cost control, analysis, project accounting and project authorizations as directed.
- Adheres to project management, cost and schedule policies, programs, procedures and practices.
- Assists in coordinating and compiling monthly reports are required.
- Prepares financial accounting accruals and understands basic accounting concepts.
- Prepares monthly/annual financial forecasts and reconciles to current project approval levels.
- Prepares and presents cost/schedule information at meetings, as directed.
- Performs routine assigned tasks related to preparation and application of cost monitoring and control standards, techniques, programs, and reports.
- Assists in collecting and classifying cost data, as directed.
- Assists in analyzing cost data, and cost coding as directed.
- Position typically requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Min of 5 years of experience with finance
- Must have financial background with RECENT experience in cost scheduling/project controls
- Not looking for full on Project Managers or Engineers
- Additional – capable of taking meeting minutes for various meeting and be able to document various nuclear vendor costs with a summary of activities completed.
Financially focused role within project controls group
Top 3 skills: software capability (MS office products) and SAP, teamwork, escalating issues when required
Project status reporting to come in the next 6 months, month end closing and forecasting, review invoices ,tracking of specific information for NJ economic group
SAP work—some background good plus
Arriba- strong plus
Ensure all parties process change orders based on the POs
Month end- analyzing the expenses
Financial reporting with SAP overlay with state of NJ requesting additional documents—approving and tracking expenses
Audit requirements are evolving so there will be documentation/tracking changes coming in
Onsite fully? Could be remote for majority of the time but beneficial for them to be onsite during the training period
Software—team will train how to enter the POs, engage/modifying the projects and likely shadowing someone for a full month or two
Finance background required and how you close books at the end of the month ( maybe not specific accounting degree but should have a finance/accounting knowledge)
P6/primavera exp? Not needed
Open to any industries but its construction related activity so if someone has good fundamentals knowing constructional projects and providing information for state agencies –strong strong plus
State agency work for audit requirements- strong plus as well