- Title: Pharmacy Technician
- Code: RCI-16137
- Location: North Chicago, IL 60064
- Posted Date: 02/11/2022
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Hardik Patel
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 255
Shifts: Monday – Friday (typically 8 hours shifts. Must be available to work shifts between 7am-7pm; (Starting shifts for new hires are 9-5:30pm or 1030-7pm.)
OT is offered depending on workload, sometimes mandated depending on workload.
Pharmacy Technician: Description: Purpose:
- Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position.
- The Pharmacy Technician position exists to support the pharmacist(s) in completing the duties associated with entering, processing, and managing drug therapy orders, interpreting and dispensing prescriptions, maintaining patient and pharmacy records and other professional activities.
- This position is also responsible for collaborating with and supporting the Lead(s) and Supervisor(s) in day to day activities, issue resolution, and completion of project tasks.
- This position should also be a subject matter expert in all pharmacy operations functional areas.
List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and scope.
- Assist the pharmacist with the practice of pharmacy in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, HIPAA guidelines, corporate/departmental policies and procedures by accurately interpreting healthcare provider’s prescription orders, entering into the core pharmacy system; notifying the physician of any incomplete or incorrect prescription information; effectively performing the physician outreach process when appropriate (within the legal limits of the pharmacy technician authority).
- Assist the pharmacist in obtaining accurate verbal orders for product replacement and obtain accurate missing prescription information from the healthcare provider.
- May manage the patient adherence process and schedule medication deliveries in accordance to Pharmacy Solutions guidelines.
- When needed, assist patients with treatment compliance by entering/updating current medications, allergies and medical conditions and triaging calls to Nursing and/or Pharmacists when necessary.
- Use internal and web tools to communicate with health insurance payors and providers to investigate benefits and transmit test claims (if applicable) to verify prescription coverage.
- Identifies and recommends process/system improvements that increase efficiency and productivity of pharmacy operations functional areas and communication of ideas with supervisors.
- Interact professionally and efficiently with other internal and external teams to assure accurate provision of services to the patient.
- Identify and collaborate with all necessary personnel to determine objectives; support changing business priorities by executing or overseeing completion of specific tasks to support patients, products, or services provided by Pharmacy Solutions.
- Examples included but not limited to, handling inbound/outbound calls, prioritization of work, organize and perform testing as business requires, and other tasks as designated by management.
- Maintain current Illinois Certified Pharmacy Technician licensure and CE requirements as necessary.
- Promote the Client Way and influence positive culture.
- If applicable, check the pharmacist voicemail.
- Additional responsibilities may be added as deemed necessary for the business management.
List required and preferred qualifications (up to 10). Include education, skills and experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College or a 2-year Associate Degree is preferred.
- Individuals must meet applicable Pharmacy Technician Licensure and Certification requirements no later than first day of employment.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within a Specialty Pharmacy or Retail/Mail Order Pharmacy, PBM, or healthcare provider setting
- Familiarity with medical record handling/documentation
- Prescription data entry
- High quality customer service and inter-professional communication
- Strong core insurance (Medical and Pharmacy benefit) knowledge
- Knowledge of on-line verification systems or similar experience is preferred.
- Must have a strong attention to detail, ability to make high-quality decisions and operate under general supervision.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with other healthcare professionals.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in written and oral communications preferred.
- Ability to complete individual tasks, have collaborative and cross-functional acumen, and have the ability to effectively manage time by adhering to deadlines required.
- Must have a flexible work schedule, ability to work between the hours of 7am and 7pm.
- Strong computer skills required including accurate data entry, including but not limited to Microsoft Word or Excel software applications.
This position is initially 100% onsite. Only once agent is completely trained and shows competency in all job requirements will the potential for remote work be considered.
- Should the Illinois Board of Pharmacy require all Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists to return fully onsite - all employees are expected to do so.
All candidates should be an Illinois Licensed Pharmacy Technician OR can show proof that they have recently applied for their license. (However, if you have candidates that have NEVER had a license, they will be able to apply on their 1st day.)
- Note-Candidates who have a license that is expired or is about to expire (due to not completing Pharmacy Certification after 2 years of obtaining license) are having issues/delays getting their license renewed so they will be unable to complete the tasks for this job.