- Title: Cyber Security Engineer
- Code: RCI-11799
- Location: Waltham, MA 02451
- Posted Date: 05/13/2022
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Anish Patel
- Email: Anish.Patel@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 208
Lead Cybersecurity Engineer, Endpoint Security
Work Location : Prefer MA based(Waltham) but can be anywhere in US, depending on the skillset
Top 3 skills :
- Security Experience
- Endpoint Engineering Experience
- Good communication and delivery skills
- We are looking for lead cybersecurity engineers who have strong attention to detail, as well as the proven ability to collaborate and share technical knowledge around automation and security best practices.
- This role will contribute to the development and execution of the overall strategy and roadmap for endpoint security at the company.
- This position will be responsible for deploying new solutions (i.e. endpoint detection and response capabilities) as well improve upon existing solutions to provide the best level of protection.
The primary focus areas for the Endpoint Security Team:
- Review and analyze all security solutions currently deployed on endpoint assets (workstations and servers)
- Implement security solutions allowing for reduction of agents where possible
- Identify & implement automation capabilities to reduce the human touchpoint when operational issues occur
- Build documentation and playbooks for strong processes to support the security posture on systems
- Partner with other stakeholders to ensure that solutions are improved upon post implementation
- Identify out of the box solutions for managing security on endpoints
Daily responsibilities as a member of the team:
- Identify process improvements for automation of security hardening checks on workstations, servers, and databases.
- Proactively work closely with Security Architecture team to identify new features, functionalities, improvements for existing solutions & designs on new security solutions to improve the posture on endpoints.
- Identify security control gaps in production and propose solutions for implementation.
- Train Security Operations team members on playbooks for production implementation & maintenance.
- Determines automation opportunities and acts as the subject matter expert to help guide and shape how automation is enabled
- Create and maintain useful, well-structured and error free documentation
- Communicate complicated issues clearly and succinctly to various levels of the business & senior management
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors, and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong Information Security experience in Network and Endpoint Security (i.e. DLP, Endpoint Detection and Response, File Integrity, and SIEM).
- In depth knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux/Windows), technology/web platforms (Server, Network, Application, Databases, Cloud)
- Strong scripting and programming knowledge with good understanding of language fundamentals (Python, PowerShell, Chef, Perl, Ruby etc.)
- Strong, demonstrable experience in Cybersecurity engineering, design, implementation and documentation
- Knowledge of industry-standard Information Security frameworks, policies and procedures
- Good understanding of network and infrastructure (Networking protocol knowledge is an advantage- TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, firewalls, proxies, IDS, IPS etc.)
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience working in Agile squads
- Security certifications (CEH, CCSP, CISSP, OSCP) and ITIL V3 certification
- Networking protocol knowledge is an advantage - TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, firewalls, proxies, IDS, IPS etc
- Subject Matter expert skilled in the installation and configuration of endpoint security tools such as antivirus, configuration management, and asset recognition.
- Experience with Endpoint detection and protection tools
- Experience with Security Hardening workstation to reduce attack surfaces.
- Knowledge of Deployment tooling such as GPO, SCCM etc
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation including Documenting & Publishing fixes in central knowledge base
- Experience documenting, building and testing reference architectures.
- Definition and monitoring of service level indicators and objectives to ensure platform health
- Deployment Automation
- Responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and resilient application architectures