- Title: Histotechnologist I
- Code: RCI-87990
- Location: Tucson, AZ 85745
- Posted Date: 05/13/2022
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Ankit Shah
- Email: Ankit.Shah@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 210
Histotechnician I - Tucson, AZ - Monday - Friday 5am-1:30pm
- Under general supervision and according to policies and procedures, performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides, for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s)
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
- Ensure proper tissue processing.
- May perform limited embedding and microtomy under general supervision, as needed.
- Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
- Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
- Prepare solutions and reagents for special stains under general supervision, as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of non-complex equipment.
- Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
- Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and document all quality control activities.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Education or equivalent
- 1 year experience in a histology laboratory within the last ten years
- HT (ASCP) or ASCP eligible or five years of full time experience in the last 10