- Title: Group Lead Histology
- Code: RCI-83944
- Location: Roanoke, VA 24013
- Posted Date: 05/13/2022
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Ankit Shah
- Email: Ankit.Shah@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 210
Sunday - Thursday, Night Shift
$5,000 Sign on Bonus
- Assists the supervisor or manager in the day-to-day operation of the histology lab on the assigned shift.
- Helps to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of services provided by the department.
- Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnologist II.
- Perform bench work as needed to ensure timely completion of work.
- Confer with and /or make recommendations to the supervisor concerning the operation of the department including policies, procedures, and equipment applications.
- Provide technical instructions, training and guidance to technicians/technologists, students and lab aides in techniques, instrumentation, and organization of work.
- Assist supervisor in maintaining and troubleshooting equipment/instrumentation.
- Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
- Ensure proper tissue processing.
- Obtain and validate control tissue used in special stains.
- Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and document all quality control activities; has the ability to recognize outliers and correct them.
- Differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing, embedding, cutting and staining of tissue specimens.
- May be required to develop, execute, or validate new procedures.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may affect test performance or reporting of test results and resolve or immediately report to histology supervisor, technical supervisor, or director.
- Assist supervisor with facilitation of departmental training, competency assessments and continuing education. 16. Provide input to the supervisor for employee performance reviews.
- Maintain the daily operation of the shift in the absence of the histology supervisor.
- Assist supervisor with special projects, as assigned.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- AA, AS or BS degree or equivalent training and experience
- 3-6 years experience as a Histotechnologist or HTL (ASCP). Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician SOP.
- HT (ASCP) or ASCP eligible or 5 years of histology experience in the last 10 years